Join Our Society
As a non-profit organisation, MERCY Malaysia upholds good governance as part of its commitment in ensuring transparency and accountability in its humanitarian work. As a registered society, we are governed by the Societies Act and the Constitution of MERCY Malaysia.
In compliance with the Societies Act (1966), we are required to prepare financial statements to be made public and tabled at our Annual General Meeting (AGM).
We hold our AGM on the final Saturday in June of every year, where all members are invited to attend to examine the financial statement, vote on matters arising, and to vote for or stand up as a candidate for the Executive Council.
We are constantly on the lookout for society members who share our vision and commitment to our humanitarian work, regardless of race, religion or background. As a member, you will be able to witness and be involved in the governance of MERCY Malaysia as a society.
Our Expectation from Our Members
- Subscribe to our mission and objectives
- Exercise membership privileges responsibly
- Most importantly – be SINCERE
Our Responsibility to Members
- Enable access to our financial statements
- Enable access to decision-making via Annual General Meeting
- Provide relevant updates on governance of MERCY Malaysia
For more details on memberships, please check our membership FAQ here.